Monday, May 4, 2015

Bye Bye Blogging!



I did not opt for this course; I was forced to take it. Thanks to the ever increasing student population at LUMS I did not get any other 100 level courses. Given that I had not ever taken any political science course before this class seemed hell in the beginning. To add to my misery we were made to blog. Blogging for me was harder than reading the never ending pages assigned to us. This is simply because when it comes to technology I am not very smart. However, the one thing that I can say for sure is that this class has undeniably improved my technological skills so I am glad we were made to blog. I’d also like to believe that after writing 20 blog posts and forced comments under others blogs, my writing skills may have slightly improved. Well maybe not, but this is something that only Sir or our poor TA who had to read all the blogs would know.

Moreover, I probably will never forget about Realism thanks to the numerous pages written by Mersheimer, Waltz and company (The list of these scholars would probably never end). Even though I have no interest in politics and I am not even going to pursue this as my career, I still enjoyed this course a lot. I now am glad that I was forcefully enrolled into this course otherwise I would’ve missed on the multiple ‘isms’ and how they shape the world that we live in.

The only thing that I was not able to learn from this class was how to cite properly. After spending hours on citations and probably more time on citing things than writing my exam, I somehow still managed get a 0/3. Though I do hope to perfect my citation skills one day. Lastly, another important thing that I learnt was that no matter how bad things may seem we should never lose hope in our country. So let’s be optimistic about Pakistan (and our grades)!

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm glad you learned quite a bit in this course. And I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult time with citations - I tried my best to explain them, though I know it can be a bit tricky at times.

    Best of luck in whatever your future brings!

    ReplyDelete