Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Last Blog

So what can an Accounting and Finance major take away from this course? Apparently a lot. The reading and writing part of this course seemed like a huge burden at the start but I can honestly say that that has started to change (in the good way obviously). These skills are a must to have for any student and I certainly am very thankful to have improved on them during this semester
.
This course has been the first Political Science course that I have taken and I enjoyed every bit of it. For someone like me who enjoys reading up on current affairs, this course has been very useful and interesting. Reading up on current and international affairs now and analyzing them from the different International Relations perspective has certainly broadened my thinking.

Some of the highlights of the course would be understanding the Bureaucratic Politics Model from the class activity that we had or the guest lecture from Ishtiaq Ahmed in the previous class. These kind of sessions made the course even more interesting.

So on to the course itself. I need to confess, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through Realism and I feel that it is the most appropriate way of understanding many of the international relation scenarios around us. Not that, I didn't like the other theories. Some more than others. But getting a taste of so many theories in this course allowed me to compare the pros and cons of each of them.


This course has certainly invoked my interest in International Relations and I plan on taking more such courses in the coming semesters.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's great to hear Ali. You've come a long way since the beginning of the course. I'm glad that an accounting and finance guy was able to appreciate all of this and I hope your future pol courses go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's great to hear Ali. You've come a long way since the beginning of the course. I'm glad that an accounting and finance guy was able to appreciate all of this and I hope your future pol courses go well!

    ReplyDelete